Monday, September 13, 2010

Tomaselli's ecstasy

Tomaselli's collages are definitely big scale works of collecting.

I wish I could of seen this exhibit! Meanwhile we all get to watch him explain his process in this exquisite video of him preparing his ecstasy exhibit.



Fred Tomaselli encapsulates his collages in epoxy resin. As he says: " to encapsulate and stabilize ephemera with a seductive finish used for vehicles that transport you to other places." That is true respect and understanding of the resin medium.

Resin is a must try techique on my short list in the coming months. I will refer to this how to video ( and this one ) when I will be ready to get my hands sticky!

Tomaselli paints over his resin layer. With what? acrylic paints? anybody knows?

Here's a close-up of one of Fred's paint work over resin and collage.

No comments:

Post a Comment